Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Born Blether



I am a born blether!! However, I need to add the disclaimer that I don't always blether on about nothing!!  

I love nothing more than being involved in great conversation, fabulous stories and belly laughing humour. I'm sure part of that enjoyment is cultural - being Scottish we all love a good blether, but the other part is simply that I thoroughly enjoy connecting with people. It's a wonderful thing expanding your own life experience by getting to know others and listening to their life stories. 


I believe I also have the 'gift of the written gab.' Somehow what I write seems to connect with those who choose to read my creative compositions. 

It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to write for the public to read. While I had a deep desire to write from my soul, there was also the fear of judgement, fear that my material might be used against me, or that I was not as accomplished a writer as I thought I might be. I also questioned who would be interested in reading what I have to say - after all, who am I?? In the end I put all those unfounded fears aside and trusted that my intention to write was coming from a pure place. 





After a period of deliberation and a lot of encouragement from people in my life, I got brave! I started to write here on Karen-Ology and then created my personally risky blog - A Compulsive Story.  The sole purpose for writing about food addiction in the blog domain was in order to help any fellow human being who may be going through the same and the purpose of Karen-Ology is for me to put down in words my thoughts, my opinions, my loves, my joys and to let you get to know the essence of me!   




Maya Angelou said "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." 

I believe we all have a story to tell.  Having stories inside that are expressed in the written word, creates a soul connection with the reader akin to listening to a moving piece of music, watching an amazing dance routine or viewing an astounding painting.   All soul filling connections.


The art of writing is as powerful an art form as any of The Arts.  I know I am reading a great book when I am in that story, living each page, seeing, hearing, smelling and feeling the author's pictures painted by words. 




While I am no literary scholar, or even an accomplished writer, I do love to paint pictures with my words; imparting good vibes, an avenue of helpful connection or merely an opinion. Hopefully, I also manage to communicate a little bit of Karen-Ology blethering with you at the same time.